Let there be light! We have the lights installed. 2 rows of 3 each.
I have 3 lights controlled by each switch. 2 in one row and 1 in the other for each.
Basic Electrical work is done in the shop! Time to start moving in!
I could not find any instructions on finishing and putting plugs in the Raco 98.0 cu. in. Non-Metallic Floor Box. I put in our foundation http://www.hohenfels.com/2013/12/shop-finishing-foundation.html
So, here is what I did to get them finished and installed. I used standard plugs and the Raco 1-Gang 1/2 in. Non-Metallic Round Floor Box Cover.
First, I cut the floor box as flush as I could with the concrete floor using a Dremel Multi-Max tool. When they finished the concrete they created a “lip” around the box, so without more work than I want to do, I can not cut it flush with the rest of the floor. The Raco 1-Gang 1/2 in. Non-Metallic Round Floor Box Cover will not be 100% flush with the entire floor. For me that is not a huge issue.
Then put the 4 metal clips in the slots of the plug holder. I had to use a flat tip screw driver to clean out the slots, the Dremel tool melted some plastic into them during the cutting process. Then placed the plug holder on the screws and tightened them down. The 2 all plastic screw holes are where the plug will be placed. You will need to keep this in mind so you orient you plug the way you want it.
Then removed the ears and wired up the plug. Not pictured: I wrapped the connectors with electric tape.
Then put the eyelets in the cover.
Then put the ring plate down and screwed in the plug.
Dropped in the foam cover and put in the center screw.
Then installed the plug cover with the 4 included screws.
Hope that some one finds this useful, Please let me know if you have any questions.
We got the shop floor finished. We used 2 of the Epoxy-Coat kits “384-fl oz Interior High-Gloss Garage Floor Light Gray Epoxy-Base Paint and Primer in One”
We swept all the large stuff out and scrapped what we could off the floor. Then we sprayed it out with the hose and cleaned up with a large squeegee.
Then we used a half Muratic acid water mix in a hand sprayer over the whole floor, then rinsed and squeegeed again. The floor is pretty rough to begin with. Let it dry over night and then ran a lightly damp mop over it. When we finished, you could run your hand over the floor and it would be clean.
We made our own measuring stick for double batches. The one that comes with it is not very good, the lines disappear after the first patch. We transferred the lines from the stick to a scrap piece of ½ inch EMT we had, used a pipe cutter to etch in the lines.
We then prepared and applied as instructed in the included video:
Think it came out pretty good!
We need to touch-up the walls a bit, but over all happy with the way it went down. Time will tell.